Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Parable Of Shameless Audacity - 3rd Wednesday In Lent

Then Jesus said to them, “Suppose you have a friend, and you go to him at midnight and say, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread; a friend of mine on a journey has come to me, and I have no food to offer him.’ And suppose the one inside answers, ‘Don’t bother me. The door is already locked, and my children and I are in bed. I can’t get up and give you anything.’ I tell you, even though he will not get up and give you the bread because of friendship, yet because of your shameless audacity he will surely get up and give you as much as you need.
- Luke 11:5-8

When I was fifteen I read these verses one morning and decided to pray for each desire I had throughout my day. I figured I'd lose nothing if God said no, and by praying throughout my day I'd be involving God in my whole life. I hit a snag latter that morning when I had a sudden and inexplicable craving for a mint. I was just about to ask God for a mint but I hesitated. I thought, “A mint is a stupid thing to waste a prayer on; I will not ask.” As soon as I decided not pray I looked down and found a neatly wrapped mint, just waiting for me to ask for it. The Lord is infinite, which means that there is no problem too big for him and there is no desire too small for him. God is infinite and inexhaustible. Also God is love.

Challenge: Is there a piece of your life you've not invited God into? Invite God in. Nothing is so big or too small that God doesn't care about it. Throughout your day today, tell Jesus the desires of your heart. He wants to hear them from you because he cares for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!