Thursday, April 12, 2012

RE: Psalm 27

There are few verses in all of poetry that move my heart so much as, “Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will receive me” (27:10).  There were a great many times, particularly in high school, when I could not bring myself to believe that God was working things out for my good as he’d promised to do (Rom 8:28).  At those times this chapter has been reinforcement for God’s many other promises.  On any given day God may not be obviously in control, on any given day we may find ourselves poor, sick, or crippled with anxiety.  On these days Psalm 27 takes up the cry of our breaking hearts: begging God to show his goodness (17:9), and refusing to despair until he does (27:13-14).


Photo Credit: "In A Lonely Place" by PCT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!