Saturday, April 21, 2012

RE: Psalm 33



Praise the LORD with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy. (33:2-3)

Image By Deflam
Do you imagine a real harp when you read about one? I encounter very few harps in my daily life. My first mental reference for a harp is the Loony Toons, so when I think of a harp I think of a silly little thing that a cartoon angel plays in heaven after their anvil related death. If I don't think of the Loony Toons I think of those annoying bards from Skyrim. Those bards were awful.

I watched a bunch of harp videos today, and it turns out that real harps are not cute, or dainty. They are large, cumbersome, and can produce transcendently beautiful sounds. I heard them played so well that at times I became dizzy and forgot where I was.




Beautiful music is the art of the prophets that can calm the agitations of the soul; it is one of the most magnificent and delightful presents God has given us.  -Martin Luther
Sometimes reading the Bible can feel like a chore. When that happens do what you can to reignite your passion for scripture. I recommend today that you read Psalm 33 with one of the following videos playing in a separate tab.


Allow the music to calm the agitations of your soul, while inviting God to enlighten and enrich your heart and mind through his word. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!