Tuesday, April 10, 2012

RE: Psalm 25

No one who hopes in you will ever be put to shame, but shame will come on those who are treacherous without cause. -Psalm 25:3


During times of doubt and struggle I have read and reread this verse until the words echoed in my head for days at a time. At times the world is an oppressive and bewildering place to live. At I do not even feel that I understand my own life. In these times Psalm 25 is of particular value. This psalm is simply a promise that God is worth the faith we've put in him.

There are many little proverbs that we use to encourage one another, sadly I do not usually find them encouraging. Truisms are well meant, but I can't buy into them. It would be better to take the encouragement wherever I can find it, but God reaches out to me, even in my cynicism, and offers Psalm 25.

What do you put your hope in?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!