Saturday, April 16, 2011

RE: Psalms 3

David wrote this Psalm after being betrayed by his son (2 Sam 15). Betrayal has not changed since then. Once upon a time I was new to a certain group, and after a time I discovered that one of my new friends had spread some hurtful words about me. It was heartbreaking because this was someone who had welcomed me and whom I had trusted.

The God of love calls us to trust (1 Cor 13:7) even though we are sometimes betrayed, and when we are, God promises that vengeance is his alone so we may repay evil with good (Rom 12:19&20). Sometimes we are the ones who fail and betray; when we fail ourselves, our friends and our God, God offers us an unconditional love to heal the hurt we've caused.


if we are faithless, he [God] remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself -2 Timothy 2:13


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!