Monday, January 16, 2012

RE: Psalm 23


I only know a handful of poems by heart; this is one. My favorite bit is that the Lord “makes” the psalmist lie down in green pastures. That reminds me of myself. I am so reluctant to slow down and appreciate the blessings and presence of God that he often has to force me to “lie down.” Sometimes he does it with a broken car, sick day, or snow storm. God has used all these things to make me sit down and soak in his presence. They have been some of the best times I have ever had in the presence of the Lord. Make the most of every opportunity in these evil days (Eph 5:16).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!