Thursday, July 7, 2011

RE: Psalms 17

How great would it be to pray the words, “My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled. (v5)” and feel confident that we were truly perfect and could expect God to listen. I have not lived perfectly. I have hurt those I love and I have held onto anger. Why should I expect vindication(v15)? Why should God listen to me?

Our actions do not and cannot earn God's favor. God sees as perfect those who put their faith in Jesus Christ's perfect love and not in their own imperfect actions. Through faith we are considered perfect by God, so we can pray with much confidence:

As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. - Psalm 17:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment! Our discussion is incomplete without your voice. Shout your support, be verbose or dissent from popular opinion. Whatever you do just please be polite. Stay on topic. Also don't feed the trolls. Now write a comment you eloquent thinker you!